Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Podcast Freak!


Am a sucker for podcasts, so much so that the ipod touch and the nokia bh 503 head set have become a part of my anatomy for a year and a half now. 
The USB interface to my car audio system is used infinitely more than the radio or the music cd's.
In short, I am hooked and cannot imagine a life anymore without my daily dose of information through them. 
I typically search for topics of interest on itunes, download a few podcasts, dabble with them for a while and subscribe to a subset on a recurring basis. 


While it may appear that I let my instinct pick my choices, I guess good podcasts have the following features :
Subject Matter Experts
Thorough Research
Objective Analysis
Cracker Host(s) - The voice plays a big role as you can well imagine
Most importantly - They have the WOW factor, information or analysis that makes you rethink convention and sometimes personal convictions. 
Lastly - it's given me a new set of superstars - folks that I look up to for their expertise, information assimilation, voice delivery and hosting skills. 


This was meant to be a short and a quick post, so here's what's on my personal-cast :

  • Bloomberg Taking Stock
  • Bloomberg On The Economy
  • The Economist
  • BBC Discovery
  • Global Public Square : Fareed Zakaria
  • The History of Rome - Mike Duncann
  • The History of WW2 Podcast - Ray Harris Jr.
  • Smart Passive Income - Pat Flynn
  • The Guardian Politics Podcast
  • LSE Talks (London School of Economics)
  • Tech Stuff Podcast
  • TED Talks (less regular than the rest)
My bit to promote the popularity of the podcasting media..

No comments: